1. Authorised Person Undertaking 1.1 Acceptance of an offer of a place in a Homeshare UK managed property is also acceptance by the Licensee of the Terms and Conditions of the Residence currently in force 1.2 This Licence to Occupy regulates the relationship between Homeshare UK and Licensees who are resident in its Shared Accommodation Properties
2. Definitions 2.1 “The Licensee” means an Authorised Person who has been offered and who has accepted a place in the Shared Accommodation Properties managed by Homeshare UK 2.2 “The Licensor” means Homeshare UK 2.3 “Homeshare UK” means Homeshare UK of 10 Blisworth Close Manchester M4 7DT and the staff acting on its behalf 2.4 “Shared Accommodation Properties” means the residences available for occupation from time to time managed by Homeshare UK 2.5 “Agreed Term” is the period from the agreed start date of the licence to the agreed end date of the Licence. 2.6 “Authorised Person” is a person that has been suitably vetted and referenced by Homeshare UK who is deemed a suitable person to become a Licensee 2.7 “Bedroom” means a part of the Shared Accommodation Properties which is occupied as a residence as detailed in the Offer of Accommodation Letter/Email including fixtures and fittings, furniture and furnishings and contents therein 2.8 “The Common Areas” means all the parts of the Shared Accommodation Properties which are not Bedrooms and includes shared kitchen areas, shared bathrooms, shared lounges, stairwells and shared toilets 2.9 “The Deposit Insurance Fee” means a sum payable by the Licensee on application for a place in the Shared Accommodation Properties. The Deposit Insurance Fee is instead of a Deposit, is non-refundable and covers the Licensee for Minor Damage to the property to a maximum total amount of £50. It does not cover the Licensee for Significant Damage as defined in section 2.15. 2.10 “Staff” means all the staff appointed by Homeshare UK to manage the Shared Accommodation Properties 2.11 “Last Months Licence Fee” is the fee for occupation of the bedroom which covers the last months Licence Fee payment. This must be paid upfront prior to the commencement of the Agreed Term and will be subject to any increase in cost applicable at the actual time of the last month. 2.12 “The Licence Fee” means the fee for occupation of the Bedroom for the Agreed Term and notified to the Licensee in the Offer of Accommodation Letter and payable in accordance with clause 4.1 2.13 “Offer of Accommodation Letter” means the letter/email sent by Homeshare to the Authorised Person setting out the terms and conditions upon which occupation of a Bedroom within the Shared Accommodation Properties is permitted by Homeshare UK 2.14 “Minor Damage” is defined as damage or loss to the Bedroom and it’s fixtures and fittings and the Common Areas and their fixtures and fittings of no greater repairable/replaceable amount per item than £50. Examples are: Scuffed walls, lost cutlery, broken crockery, broken toilet seat etc. 2.15 “Significant Damage” is any damage or loss to the Bedroom and it’s fixtures and fittings and the Common Areas and their fixtures and fittings of greater repairable/replaceable amount per item greater than £50. Examples are: Broken beds, broken doors, broken locks, broken TV’s, lost keys etc. 2.16 “Viewing Rota” is the timetable devised for viewing of Bedrooms in the Shared Accommodation Properties in which each Licensee of the Shared Accommodation Properties is expected to participate. Typically this will be Mondays and Wednesdays 7-8pm and Saturdays 12-1pm. 2.17 “Cleaning Rota” is the cleaning timetable devised for ensuring that the Common Parts in the Shared Accommodation Properties are kept 100% clean and tidy and in which each Licensee of the Shared Accommodation Properties is expected to participate. 2.18 “Early Termination Fee” is the fee payable in the event that the Licence to Occupy is terminated prior to the Agreed Term, subject to the notice period given in clause 5.1 2.19 “Late Payment Fee” is the fee payable if the Licence Fee payment is late by more than 5 days after the monthly payment date given in the Offer of Accommodation Letter or the amount is incorrect by more than £5. 2.20 “Special Reduction” is a reduction in the Licence Fee given for a special reason, such as agreement of a long term Licence to Occupy, a special offer period or other commercial reason deemed fit by Homeshare UK. 2.21 "Household" means all Licencees that occupy the property. 2.22 "100% Clean & Tidy" means a standard of cleanliness and tidyness that you would expect to find in a show home or immaculately cared for property. In simple terms, showing no signs of dust/dirt/mould/food/personal belongings with everthing in its place and place for everything. 2.23 Any reference to the Homeshare UK’s consent means consent in writing signed on its behalf by an authorised officer/director of the company.
3. Occupancy 3.1 Subject to the Licensee paying the Licence Fee and complying with the terms of this Licence to Occupy, Homeshare UK gives the Licensee the right to occupy a Bedroom as a Licensee for the Agreed Term as a Bedroom for the Licensee only and for no other purpose and to vacate the Bedroom and to remove all personal belongings immediately on the termination of this Licence to Occupy. This Licence to Occupy does not create a tenancy 3.2 This Licence to Occupy does not refer to a specific Bedroom or Shared Accommodation Properties. Homeshare UK reserves the right to transfer a Licensee’s occupation to a different Bedroom or Shared Accommodation Property on reasonable written notice. Where Homeshare UK exercises this right and the Licensee does not wish to change rooms, the Licensee may terminate this Licence to Occupy and should inform Homeshare UK accordingly in writing within 10 days of date of Homeshare UK’s notice. 3.3 In certain circumstances a Licensee may with Homeshare UK’s consent (acting reasonably) change Bedroom or Shared Accommodation Property during the Agreed Term. Homeshare UK will consider requests on their merits, subject to but not exclusively; 1) The availability of alternative Bedrooms; 2) The proper conduct of the Licensee’s account with Homeshare UK; 3) The appropriate increase/decrease in the Licence Fee being applied to the Licensee’s account for the new bedroom; 4) The re-letting of the Licensees existing Bedroom; 5) A £19 Admin Payment. 3.4 The Services included in the licence fee may include (subject to your Offer of Accommodation): 3.4.1Provision of bed linen 3.4.2 Electricity supply 3.4.3 Water supply 3.4.4 Gas Supply 3.4.5 Council Tax 3.4.6 Internet Access 3.4.7 Provision of furniture and furnishings 3.4.8 Cleaning of bedroom and common parts 3.4.9 Self-service Laundry facilities 3.4.10 Public telephone 3.4.11 Use of TV room/lounge 3.4.12 Use of kitchen and kitchen equipment 3.4.13 Use of cleaning/ironing equipment 3.4.14 Rental of all electrical equipment located in the property 3.5 While the Licensee occupies the Bedroom as a single or double, private bedroom, he/she is permitted to have one overnight/weekend guest in the Bedroom, for no more than two nights in any one week, provided that the Licensee: 3.5.1 obtains permission in writing from Homeshare UK 3.5.2 notifies other Licensee’s and does not give his/her keys (or copies) to any guest and takes reasonable steps to ensure that his/her guests are not left unattended while in the Shared Accommodation Properties; 3.5.3 ensures that such guests comply with the fire safety and other procedures for the relevant Shared Accommodation Properties 3.5.4 does not inconvenience the other residents 3.6 While Homeshare UK will use reasonable endeavours to respect the Licensee’s right to privacy the Licensee shall not interfere with Homeshare UK’s management of the Shared Accommodation Properties and accordingly Homeshare UK, reserves the following rights: 3.6.1 for authorised personnel to enter the Shared Accommodation Properties or Bedroom at any time without notice to inspect its condition, to carry out viewings or such repair works as Homeshare UK thinks necessary, 3.6.2 to serve a notice to vacate the Bedroom in accordance with clause 4.1 and clause 5.2 and for other appropriate purposes which in the reasonable opinion of Homeshare UK require entry to the Shared Accommodation Properties or Bedroom 3.6.2 to prohibit visitors at any time if necessary in the interests of security and/or the health and safety of other residents and for such other purposes as Homeshare UK reasonably decides requires the prohibition of visitors
4. Charges 4.1 The Monthly Licence Fee for the Agreed Term shall be paid monthly by Standing Order/Direct Debit in advance on the date specified in the Offer of Accommodation Letter/Email Note: If the Licensee fails to pay the full instalments of the Monthly Licence Fee on the due dates, Homeshare UK may in accordance with clause 5.2.3 terminate this Licence to Occupy by serving on the Licensee a notice to vacate the Bedroom. If the Licensee fails to vacate the Bedroom within the time required by the notice, Homeshare UK may apply to the Court for an Order to evict the Licensee from the Bedroom. If the Licensee is experiencing difficulties in paying the Licence Fee instalments by the due dates, he or she should contact the Credit Control Section of Homeshare UK prior to the date for payment 4.2 The application by a Licensee for a place in the Shared Accommodation Properties must be accompanied by payment of the Deposit Insurance Fee and the Last Months Licence Fee. If the Licensee fails to take up occupation of the Bedroom at the start of the Agreed Term, Homeshare UK will deduct from any payment made an amount to cover the administrative and void costs (a minimum of two weeks Licence Fee will be charged). 4.2.1 Where the Licensee takes up a place, the First Months Licence Fee, the Deposit Insurance Fee and The Last Months Licence Fee shall be paid in advance 14 days prior to the start of the Agreed Term. 4.2.2 The Licensee may make delayed payments of the Licence Fee subject to confirmation in writing and the upfront payment of Special Arrangement fees of £29, £49 or £69 depending upon the special arrangement. 4.3 If significant damage is caused to the Common Areas, the Licensee shall, together with all other occupants of the flat or residence where the significant damage has occurred, account to Homeshare UK for a reasonable proportion of the cost of remedying the damage as determined by Homeshare UK Note: When living in the Shared Accommodation Properties, the Licensee forms part of a community of Licensees for the period of the Licence to Occupy known as the Household. Like any other community, it depends on each and every member playing a part in ensuring its safe and efficient running. Where safety and efficiency are compromised and costs are incurred by Homeshare UK as a result of damage to the Common Areas, it will be necessary to pass the reasonable cost of repair onto the Licensee and to other Licencees collectively and in equal amounts as outlined in clause 4.3. The provision is also necessary to deter an increase in accommodation fees to meet such costs. The communal damage charge will only be imposed, where, after reasonable investigation, the person or persons responsible for the damage cannot be identified The Licensee may appeal in writing against the imposition by the Homeshare UK of the cost of the damage in relation to clause 4.3 to the Head of House Committee within 10 working days of the date of the notice of the charge. The decision of the Head of House Committee shall be issued to the Licensee within 10 working days of receipt of the appeal A separate invoice will be raised in respect of communal damage and the Licensee shall pay the charges within 10 working days of the date of the invoice. Where the Licensee appeals against the imposition of the charge and the appeal is unsuccessful or the charge has been varied as a result of the appeal, payment should be made within 10 working days of the date of the notice of the outcome of the appeal. 4.4.1 If the Licensee is unable/unwilling to participate in the viewing rota and notifies Homeshare UK in advance, they can pay a one off £49 Exclusion Fee to be excluded from the viewing rota for 1 month. 4.4.2 If the Licensee fails/is unable/unwilling to participate in the viewing rota and does not notify Homeshare UK in advance, a one off £35 Admin Fee will apply for each viewing session that is missed/aborted/wasted due to the non presence of the Licensee. 4.5.1 If the Licensee is unable/unwilling to participate in the cleaning rota and notifies Homeshare UK in advance, they can pay a one off £49 Exclusion Fee to be excluded from the cleaning rota for 1 month. 4.5.2 If the Licensee fails/is unable/unwilling to participate in the cleaning rota and does not notify Homeshare UK in advance, a one off £35 Admin Fee will apply for each viewing session that is missed/aborted/wasted due to the the Common Areas or Bedroom not being 100% Clean & Tidy. 4.6 No refund of the Licence Fee will be made on termination of the Licence to Occupy for any reason, at any time in the Agreed Term. 4.7 A reasonable charge (minimum of £25) shall be made for the replacement of each lost key. The Licensee may also be required to pay the reasonable cost of replacing locks caused by the loss of keys, or in the event that a member of staff from Homeshare UK provides access to the Bedroom and/or Shared Accommodation Property Residences, a reasonable charge (minimum of £30) shall be imposed on the Licensee. 4.8 A reasonable charge (minimum of £25) shall be made for cleaning of the Bedroom and the Common Areas where in the reasonable opinion of Homeshare UK the Licensee fails to maintain reasonable standards of cleanliness and tidiness under clause 8.1.1. 4.9 An Early Termination Fee of £99 plus £10 per unfulfilled month plus the repayment of any special discount is payable in order to terminate a Licence to Occupy prior to the end of the Agreed Term, subject to the notice period in clause 5.1 4.10 A Late Payment Fee of £35 will be charged for fee payments not received within 5 days of the regular monthly Standing Order date or for payment amounts that are incorrect by more than £5. 4.11 Pay a Void Charge of £25 per Licencee per week per room that is vacant in the property due to the Licensee failing, without written agreement, to a) participate in the cleaning rota; b) participate in viewing rota or being flxible as to when viewings take place outside the de facto viewing rota; c) restricting/ hindering the proper viewing of the room by keeping it locked/not knowing the whereabouts of the key/not keeping it 100% Clean & Tidy d) place free ads to attract new Licencees e) notify us immediatly if a fellow Licensee leaves unexpectedly; f) act reasonably to all fellow Licencees, prospective Licencees and Homeshare UK staff; g) notify us if there is anything in which your opinion may hinder the reletting of the room; h) be contactable to clarify the status of a viewing/your account; i) do everything possible with the prompt re-letting of any upcoming/available Bedroom 4.12 Pay a Fair Usage charge for any excess usage of Water; Electricity; Gas; any other utility included in the Licence Fee which is subject to excessive use/cost. A minimum charge of £20 per Licencee per month will apply once the Fair Usage limit has been reached. 4.13 Depending on the Shared Accommodation Property and the terms set out in the Offer of Accommodation Homeshare UK either includes cost of Council Tax and water, electricity or gas (“Utilities”) or the Utilities are excluded and your proportion needs to be paid direct to the Utility providers. Homeshare UK charges for units consumed above a certain allowance subject to a Fair Usage Policy. 4.14. If Homeshare UK’s costs per unit in supplying the Utilities increase after the commencement of the Agreed Term, it reserves the right to charge the Licensee an amount which is equal to such increased costs.
5. Termination 5.1 The Licence to Occupy may be terminated in writing by Homeshare UK or the Licensee subject to 4 weeks written/emailed notice. 5.1.1 If the Licensee terminates the contract prior to the end of the Agreed Term, a £99 Early Termination Fee plus £10 for each unfulfilled month is payable as well as the repayment of any Special Reduction given in the Licence Fee from the start of the Agreed Term. For the avoidance of doubt, if a Special Reduction of £20 per month in the Licence Fee has been agreed due to a 12 month Agreed Term being taken, but the Licensee wishes to terminate the Licence to Occupy at the end of 6 months, then an Early Termination Fee of £99 is payable plus 6 x £10 unfulfilled months plus a refund of 6 x £20 = £180. Therefore in total £279 is payable to terminate the contract early. 5.2 This Licence to Occupy may be terminated in writing by Homeshare UK, in the event of: 5.2.1 serious breach by the Licensee of these Terms and Conditions of Residence or Homeshare UK’s General Regulations. Serious breach includes but is not exclusive to a) Failing to participate in the cleaning or viewing rota b) Failing to do everything possible to help with the re-letting of a room. 5.2.2 the Licensee having failed to pay when due all or any part of the Monthly Licence Fee or any other charge, fee, or payment due to Homeshare UK. Note (1): By exercising its right to terminate this Licence to Occupy for non-payment of some or all of the Licence Fee, Homeshare UK is not prevented from exercising any other right or remedy available to it. For example, the Homeshare UK may seek to recover from the Licensee any outstanding payments in addition to terminating the Licence to Occupy 5.3 Upon termination, the Licensee will vacate the Room, remove all personal belongings from the Bedroom and Common Parts and return all keys by 12 Noon of the last day of the Licence, leaving room in a clean and tidy condition. 5.4 Upon termination, a £99 Early Termination Fee plus £10 for each unfulfilled month is payable as well as the repayment of any Special Reduction given in the Licence Fee from the start of the Agreed Term. For the avoidance of doubt see example given in 5.1.1. Failure to remove all belongings will entitle Homeshare UK to: 5.4.1 remove belongings from the Bedroom and/or the Common Areas and place them in storage. Homeshare UK will give to the Licensee 14 days notice to retrieve the belongings and if unclaimed after such period Homeshare UK reserves the right to dispose of them. The disposal and/or storage costs incurred by Homeshare UK shall be reclaimed from and invoiced to the Licensee 5.4.2 charge the Licensee £35 for each extra day in residence and a reasonable and appropriate charge (minimum £25) for each key to the Bedroom which is not returned to Homeshare UK Staff 5.5 At the end of the Licence period the Licence will automatically renew on a fixed term basis for an additional fee of at least £5 per week minimum.
6 Licensee Rights 6.1 Subject to compliance with these terms and conditions, the Licensee has a right to quiet enjoyment of the premises.
7. Conduct The Licensee will not do anything which may prejudice good estate management and the smooth running and efficiency of Homeshare UK and will: 7.1 abide by the Homeshare UK’s General Regulations and by this Licence to Occupy 7.2 comply with all Homeshare UK’s health and safety and fire safety guidance and regulations and: 7.2.1 shall not bring into or use within the Shared Accommodation Properties any unlawful drugs or other such substances including any controlled drugs listed in the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971 or use or bring in any pipes designed to use these unlawful drugs or substances 7.2.2 shall not bring into the Shared Accommodation Properties anything which in the Homeshare UK’s opinion is or may become dangerous, offensive, combustible, corrosive, inflammable, radioactive or explosive including, but not limited to, firearms, air rifles, bb guns, pistols, cross-bows, or any other weapons, gas cylinders, oil burners and laser pens and may not use lighted candles 7.2.3 shall not interfere with any fire alarm, smoke detector, fire extinguisher, fire exit or any other fire equipment in the Shared Accommodation Properties. 7.2.4 shall not smoke in the Shared Accommodation Properties including the Common Parts or the Bedoom 7.2.5 shall not interfere with any electrical installation in the Shared Accommodation Properties and shall not use any form of radiant fires and convectors or electrical adapters 7.2.6 shall not otherwise do anything that will put the health and safety of the other residents or staff at risk 7.2.7 shall follow the Homeshare UK’s guidelines for the prompt evacuation of any area of the Shared Accommodation Properties in the event of a fire alarm 7.2.8 shall not remove items of furniture or fittings from the Bedroom or Common Areas or 7.2.9 shall not add extra items of furniture or fittings in the Bedroom without permission from the Homeshare UK Staff (such permission will not be unreasonably withheld) and that the Licensee’s personal belongings comply with the Furniture and Furnishings (Fire Safety) Regulations 1988 which is all furniture ordinarily intended for private use in a dwelling and as identified by a fire safety label 7.2.10 shall not erect any external television or radio aerials or satellite dishes. 7.2.11 Shall not under any circumstances whatsoever take or allow to be taken in to the Bedroom or Common Parts any bicycles, skateboards or motor cycles or parts for them 7.2.12 Shall not use cooking equipment in the Bedroom or other parts of the Shared Accommodation Properties other than in the shared Kitchen. 7.3 Homeshare UK may in its absolute discretion enter the Bedroom and confiscate any article which in its reasonable opinion presents a risk to the health and safety of other residents and /or staff of Homeshare UK and should not be within the Bedroom. The article will then either be handed over to the police or retained by Homeshare UK, at the Licensee’s expense, until collected by the Licensee. If at the end of the Agreed Term the article has still not been collected by the Licensee, Homeshare UK will give the Licensee 14 days notice to retrieve the article and if unclaimed after such period Homeshare UK reserves the right to dispose of it. The reasonable disposal costs incurred by Homeshare UK shall be reclaimed from and invoiced to the Licensee 7.4 In the interests of the well-being of fellow residents, the Licensee shall not engage in anti-social behaviour within the Shared Accommodation Properties. In particular the Licensee shall: 7.4.1 not impede Homeshare UK staff in the performance of their duties and comply with reasonable instructions issued by Homeshare UK Staff and any other staff or persons acting on behalf of the Homeshare UK. Such instructions may include, but are not limited to, providing identification when reasonably requested to do so in accordance with Homeshare UK’s General Regulations2 7.4.2 behave in a considerate manner towards staff and fellow residents and ensure that there is no loud noise that causes disturbance at any time, and in particular between 11:00 p.m. and 8:00 a.m., and shall not permit parties to be held in the Shared Accommodation Properties 7.4.3 not throw any object however small, including litter, out of any window 7.4.4 not cause damage annoyance or nuisance to other residents or staff in the Shared Accommodation Properties, or to occupants of neighbouring properties 7.4.5 not affix notices, pictures, or posters or anything else to the walls and doors of the Bedroom with sellotape, blu tack, adhesives or drawing pins or in any other way which may cause damage to the wallpaper, plaster work, woodwork or furniture 7.4.6 not affix notices, posters or pictures in any part of the Common Areas of the Shared Accommodation Properties other than on the pin boards provided 7.4.7 not play any ball games in, or on any landscaped areas adjoining, the Shared Accommodation Properties 7.4.8 not make the Common Areas dirty and untidy and, in particular, ensure that flyers or other promotional literature distributed by the Licensee are placed in designated areas and that kitchen equipment including cooking utensils, crockery and cutlery is washed and put away promptly after use. Spillage in fridges and cookers must be cleaned up immediately 7.4.9 not use chip pans/deep fat fryers anywhere in the Shared Accommodation Properties including the kitchens 7.4.10 refrain from any behaviour which may be perceived as harassment or annoyance to other residents on any basis and in particular on grounds of gender, nationality, race, religion or sexuality 7.4.11 not behave in such a manner as to bring Homeshare UK into disrepute 7.4.12 not display on any windows, or in any other prominent place within the Shared Accommodation Properties, advertisements, images, flags or text which in the reasonable opinion of the Homeshare UK could be construed as offensive to other residents, members of staff or members of the general public 7.4.13 not to interfere with the heating controls and time switches (where relevant) in the Bedroom or the Shared Accommodation Properties
8. Responsibilities of the Licensee 8.1 During his or her occupation under this Licence to Occupy and the Common Areas the Licensee is responsible for: 8.1.1 the 100% tidiness and cleanliness of the Bedroom and the Common Areas and participation in the cleaning rota. Breach of this condition may incur a charge under clause 4.8 and 4.5.1 and 4.5.2 8.1.2 to pay the appropriate share of any utility bill not included in the Licence Fee 8.1.3 participate in the Viewing Rota and aid with the recruitment of new Licencees and assist in every way possible with the prompt reletting of any vacant/upcoming Bedroom. Breach of this condition may incur a charge under 4.4.1 and 4.4.2 and 4.11 8.1.4 ensuring 100% occupancy. Breach of this condition may incur a charge under 4.11 8.1.5 ensuring that there is no wastage of the utilities usage by ensuring that doors remained closed; heating/lights/electrical appliances are switched off during the working day Monday to Friday 9-5.30pm. Breach of this condition may incur a charge under 4.12 8.1.6 damage to Homeshare UK property, in the Bedroom, and in the Common Areas jointly with other residents sharing them 8.1.7 the behaviour of visitors who are in the Shared Accommodation Properties at his or her invitation and subject to clause 3.4 such visitors must leave by 11.00 pm 8.1.8 notifying the Homeshare UK Staff of any disrepair or of any maintenance/repair needs as soon as they arise 8.1.9 losses, claims, demands, actions, proceedings, damages, costs or expenses or other liability arising in any way whatsoever from a breach of the Licensee’s obligations in this Licence to Occupy 8.1.10 the insurance of all personal possessions and property and Homeshare UK accepts no responsibility for such items except for any loss or damage due to the negligence of the Homeshare UK 8.1.11 ensuring that all fire safety equipment and smoke alarms are in good working order and all health and safety issues are notified to Homeshare UK as soon as they arise 8.1.12 participate in a fair share of garden maintenance so as to keep the garden in good order 8.1.13 ensuring that all correspondence is no longer sent to the Shared Accommodation Properties after they have vacated the Bedroom/Shared Accommodation Properties 8.2 On arrival the Licensee shall check the Homeshare UK’s property against the check card for the Bedroom and Common Areas for damage and cleanliness. Any discrepancy should be recorded on the check card for the Bedroom and handed in to the Residences and Accommodation Centre not more than 2 working days after moving in. A form for this purpose will be issued when the Licensee collects the key to the Shared Accommodation Properties /Bedroom 8.3 On departure: 8.3.1 the Licensee shall check Homeshare UK’s property against the check card for the Bedroom and shall check the Bedroom and the Common Parts for damage and cleanliness 8.3.2 Homeshare UK will inspect the Bedroom and the Common Areas as soon as possible at the end of the Agreed Term or earlier upon termination of this Licence to Occupy. If in the Homeshare UK’s reasonable opinion the check card for the Bedroom does not match the state and condition of the Bedroom or the Common Areas Homeshare UK may recover from the Licensee the amount necessary to make good any Significant Damage or loss. Any dispute over such amounts claimed must be notified to the Residences and Accommodation Manager within 21 days of receipt by the Licensee of notification of the amount of damage or loss payable by him or her 8.3.3 Failure to comply with the checking out procedure may result in the Licensee making good any loss or damage to the Bedroom and the Common Areas discovered by the Homeshare UK on inspection under clause 8.3.2 and the Licensee will be charged accordingly. Homeshare UK will also recover from the Licensee any further amount due in respect of damage to or loss of Homeshare UK property and/or other payments outstanding under this Licence to Occupy (including but not limited to any outstanding amounts in respect of the Licence Fee) 8.3.4 Homeshare UK will not collect and forward mail to the Licensee either during or after the end of the Licence to Occupy and will not allow former Licensees access to the Shared Accommodation Properties in order to collect mail or otherwise
9. Responsibilities of the Licensor 9.1 Homeshare UK will endeavour to provide the facilities and services specified in the Licence Agreement, other than in circumstances beyond Homeshare UK’s control. 9.2 Homeshare UK will maintain to a reasonable standard and carry out repairs as necessary to the Shared Accommodation Properties, fixtures and fittings and Bedroom contents. This obligation is subject to the Licensee’s responsibility to pay or contribute towards the cost in circumstances where the Licensee or a guest/visitor of the Licensee was responsible for any loss or damage
10. Exclusion of Liability 10.1 Homeshare UK shall not be liable or responsible for any injury or damage occasioned to or suffered by the Licensee or any occupier of Shared Accommodation Properties or any of the Licensees visitors (being on the Property with or without the Licensee's express or implied permission) or for any damage occurring to the Property or to its contents as may result by reason of any defect in the Property or through the neglect default or misconduct of any agent or employee of the Homeshare UK. 10.2 Except in cases of the Homeshare UK’s negligence, Homeshare UK will not be liable for the loss of, or damage to, personal property in the Shared Accommodation Properties Note: Licensees are strongly recommended to obtain adequate insurance for their personal property and their responsibility for other property LTO050711